Fall is here, and we’re eager to get some extended time on the courts. Click here to get a copy of our Fall registration form to attend our Jetton camps and clinics. If you have any questions, please contact one of the coaches.
Our LNTA athletes covered a lot of ground in the winter and early spring, playing in every level tournament from state L5’s to nationals! At all levels, they expanded their games, learned how to win and lose, and gained some great life experiences. Some stayed local, competing in school and USTA matches. Others traveled throughout the state and south, competing in Raleigh, Louisville, Knoxville, Baton Rouge, Rome (GA), Charleston, Augusta, Winston-Salem, and more! Everyone came back with stories, and we know you have pictures. If you’d like to share them, please send them to us. We’d love to share the stories and pictures. The picture above was taken on day two of the Winter Southern Closed Championships, December 2012. Olivia and Hannah were leaving to warm-up for early matches, hoping to cross paths with Ryan in prep for the tough competition ahead. Although the matches were indoor, a snowstorm swept through Louisville for the second year in a row during this tournament, causing issues with road conditions and concerns about match-time delays. In the end, it all worked out, and the players enjoyed the first big snowday of the year!
It’s time to start thinking about the Winter Tennis Session. What a fantastic fall we have had. We are hoping for our luck to hold and for this great training weather to continue as much as possible. Click here for the winter session registration form, which includes the months of January and February. As always, please let us know your plans for the next couple of months, so we can plan accordingly. Hope you are all enjoying the break and having a wonderful holiday season!
- The Herald Weekly (Dec. 21) – Archer’s opening act netted a state championship
- Denver Weekly (Nov. 14) – CHAMPIONS: Dazzling debut for freshman champion Archer
- The Herald Weekly (Nov. 2) – Archer makes stunning debut as 1A tennis state champion
- Lake Norman Citizen (Nov. 2) – Trio has state success
- Mount Airy News (Oct. 29) – Bears finish second in state tennis championship
- NCHSAA (Oct. 27) – Lake Norman Charter’s Archer takes 1A Singles Title
- Winston-Salem Journal (Oct. 25) – Demon’s Willetts still on track for tennis title
- Gaston Gazette (Oct. 9) – Knights rule SPC 1A tennis tourney
Published articles that are no longer online:
- The Herald Weekly (Dec. 21) – Lake Norman-Area Girls Tennis Player of the Year
- Charlotte Observer (Dec. 20) – Lake Norman Charter’s Hannah Archer is All-Observer tennis player of the year
- Charlotte Observer, Lake Norman News (Nov 20.) – 2012 All Lake Norman girls’ tennis team
- Charlotte Observer, Lake Norman News (Nov 6.) – Freshman’s work ethic helps her win state title
- Charlotte Observer (Oct. 27) – Lake Norman Charter’s Hannah Archer unseats reigning tennis champ
- Lake Norman Charter School (Nov. 8) – Hannah Archer named Southern Piedmont Conference Player of the Year
Congratulations to Nicki Segur and her Statesville Christian team for winning the 2012 North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA) 1A State Championship. For more about SCS and Segur, see the Statesville Record & Landmark. You may recall Nicki being featured in the Lake Norman section of the Charlotte Observer earlier in the season. Click here to see that story.
We will have youth clinics Monday through Thursday, starting September 4. Fridays will be used as make-up days when we have two or more rained-out clinic days in a week. If we have to cancel for rain or wet courts, we will post it on the right hand side of this web site under Academy Status. As always, rates are based on three days per week, but we are flexible and encourage all to participate as much as your schedules allow. For details, please see Classes/Academy > Fall 2012.
We had a light week of camp at Jetton this past week, while several of our players participated in tournaments, attended high school try outs, and vacationed with their families. Congratulations to all of our players who participated in the NC State Clay Court Championships…especailly to Olivia who won the girls 12’s (shown right), Hannah who placed 3rd in the girls 14’s, and two players that placed in girl’s 10’s — Julia (2nd) and Andersen (4th). Competition was tough, and ALL of our players competed well!
Congratulations to Lake Norman Tennis Academy athlete Rigney Marcela for winning the LNTA Serves College Textbook Award. The award is given to a high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA who is active in competitive tennis and provides leadership both on the tennis court and in the Lake Norman community. The primary focus of this award is to help Lake Norman area students who participate in youth tennis by providing college assistance through the purchase of college textbooks and materials. Lake Norman Tennis Association awarded Marcela a $1,000 scholarship. Great job Rigney!
Congratulations to all of our players who made it to USTA Southerns and competed hard! Since Southerns are in different cities for different age groups, we were gettng exciting reports from Cary to Rome to Macon, and we are very proud of this immense accomplishment for our highly competitive region!